|The latest overview of research on the use of abrasives covering abrasive materials, bonding systems, grinding wheel design, wheel dressing, micro and nanogrinding, control of grinding processes, abrasive waterjet grinding,|
FROM THE PREFACE:
"this book contains chapters on abrasive materials, bonding systems, grinding wheel design, micro and nanogrinding, control of grinding processes, abrasive grinding, abrasive water jet grinding, and dressing of grinding wheels. The chapters are written by subject matter experts from around the world and provide an authoritative text on the current developments in machining with abrasive tools."
- Chapter I -- new developments in abrasive materials and bonding systems for conventional abrasives and superabrasive materials.
- Chapter 2 -- heat treatment and performance of vitrified bonds.
- Chapter 3 -- design of grinding wheels and wheel safety.
- Chapter 4 -- dressing of grinding wheels.
- Chapter 5 -- surface integrity of ground surfaces.
- Chapter 6 -- control aspect of grinding and
- Chapter 7 -- nanogrinding.
- Concluding chapters -- polishing with loose abrasive particles and impact abrasive machining.