These publications are part of a series to update and replace the long standing publication that served for years as the best source to describe coated abrasive products and applications. Written by members of the Coated Abrasives Manufacaturers Institute, the booklets are an excelent introduction to coated abrasives technologies.
Coated Abrasives Modern Tool of Industry
- Technologies No. 1
- Woodworking No. 2
Technologies covers the following subjects:
- A brief history of coated abrasives
- How coated abrasives are made
- Recent developments in backings, adhesives and bond systems.
- Abrasive Grains
- A brief discussion of manufacturing technology for jumbo rolls and converted products.
Woodworking covers the following subjects:
Both publications are available from the Abrasives Mall. For ordering information send an e-mail message.
- Abrasive planing
- Particleboard, fiberboard
- Plywood sanding
- Furniture and cabinet uses
- Flat sanding
- Shape sanding operations
- Sanding coatings
Coated Abrasives Technology: The Best of AES Papers.
An Updated Compilation Spanning 20 Years!
A select compilation of technical papers from conferences and exhibitions describing the key developments in abrasive products and technologies from 1975 through 1995.
Sample of technical papers:
For ordering information send an e-mail message.
- Coated Abrasives Machining by Freerks, 3M, (1975 )
- CNC Grinding Machine Systesm Using Coated Abrasives by Carlson, Acme Manufacturing (1985 )
- Coated Abrasive Superfinishing by Visser, 3M, (1987 Proceedings)
- Belt Grinding Applications: Productivity with Multiple Grain Coated Belts, Will, Hermes Abrasives, (1991)
- Applied Microreplication: An Innovation in Coated Abrasives by Gagliardi, 3M. (1995)
© Ted Giese 2004